More highlights of the proposed bonds include:
• New entry security and fire alarm at the high school, Robert Kerr and Bertha Neal Elementary
• Building wide air conditioning at Robert Kerr and Bertha Neal Elementary
• New flooring, ceiling, cabinets and countertops at Robert Kerr and Bertha Neal Elementary
• STEM classroom renovation at Durand Middle School and STEM classroom addition at Robert Kerr Elementary
• New phone/notification systems at all district buildings
Bond proceeds cannot be used for staff salaries and wages, general operating expenses, classroom supplies or textbooks, administration, automobiles, trucks or vans, service contracts or installment purchase contracts.
Durand Area Schools is encouraging all residents to get to the polls on Tuesday May 5th. Polling locations will be open from 7am to 8pm.
If approved, design work will begin in summer 2020 and construction will begin in summer 2021, with anticipated completition by the 2023/2024 school year.
For more information on the proposed bond, including Frequently Asked Questions, click here